The gambling industry is growing and expanding the range of its services every day. More and more adults and minors around the world are participating in at least one casino event, so gambling operators are making huge profits. Last year, according to statistics, the market size of the global online gambling industry amounted to $231 billion. Huge profits, as well as the constant development of technology, allow the most famous operators to implement protective mechanisms for players. Online casinos that accept players from Australia and other countries work hard to meet security standards.
The main goal of secure operators in the gambling industry today is to provide a safe environment for their users. In this way, they avoid legal consequences, and also attract more and more players to register on their sites. There are many operators that meet all safety standards. Some have not even received a valid license, so there is a possibility of cheating their players. Users who play online blackjack for real money or other games should make sure they choose an operator with security features. This must be done before connecting the payment and investment method on the gaming site.
In the following text, we will talk about this sign of casino security:
- One or more valid licenses issued by reputable regulatory bodies
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates
- Prohibiting minors from joining gaming sites
- Well-known providers that create slots and other casino software
- Payment systems that will ensure the reliability of deposit and withdrawal operations
- Positive feedback from already registered platform users and professionals
- Additional Steps for Player Self-Defense
Gambling club license
The most specific indicator of a safe gambling site is a valid license. It must be issued by a reputable regulatory body. Depending on the country in which you register with the casino, there will be different licenses. Some of the most famous and prestigious ones are issued by the Malta Gaming Authority and the Government of Curaçao. Gambling commissions conduct checks to protect players from all forms of cybercrime.
Before issuing licenses to operators, regulators require for the legal provision of casino services:
The operator must not have a criminal record:
- The site should include: bonus offers, deposits, payouts, jackpots, site security and more.
- The presence of third-party providers that would detect fraud, age restrictions and geolocation of players
- Financial statements for previous reporting periods
- Compliance with software standards, i.e. independent testing of the honesty of casino games.
- License fee to be paid to the regulator and others.
Modern online gambling platforms use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect their users’ data. Secure Sockets Layer is a program that provides secure data exchange between players and operators. Information is protected by encryption, i.e. they become unreadable to third parties. Personal and billing information is often the most sensitive information we share with a casino. Using SSL technology, third parties cannot download and use them for illegal activities.
An online casino with a high level of security offers games only from trusted software providers. Casino developers must have an impeccable reputation and their games must have several safety metrics. First of all, the RNG software used for online slots, roulette, card games and more must perform its function stably. RNG is a program that provides random results in all casino programs. It extracts numbers which it then converts into combinations on slots and the like. This program must be tested to ensure that all players have an equal chance of winning.
So, here are some of the things that you need to pay attention to in order to determine if a casino site is normal or not. Of course, this is not an exhaustive list and there may be other things you need to consider. However, if you keep these things in mind, you can get a pretty good idea of the nature of the site.